Monday, February 3, 2014

Just 15 of the Famous People Who Majored in Anthropology

  1. Akbar S. Ahmed, former Ambassador from Pakistan to Great Britain
  2. Prince Charles of England
  3. Michael Crichton, author of Jurassic Park and other best-selling novels
  4. Jane Goodall, primatologist
  5. Kimber Griffin Fender, Director of the Public Library system of Cincinnati, the largest library system in the nation, and NKU alum
  6. Zora Neale Hurston, Harlem Renaissance author
  7. Jomo Kenyatta, first President of Kenya
  8. Eugene Mangalaza, former Prime Minister of Madagascar
  9. Octavio Paz, Noble Prize winning poet
  10. Janine Pease, former President of Little Big Horn Tribal College
  11. Rob Portman, U.S. Senator from Ohio
  12. Douglas J. Preston, best-selling horror novelist
  13. Kathy Reichs, best-selling mystery novelist
  14. Steve Riggio, founder of the Barnes and Noble mega bookstore chain
  15. Ann Dunham Soetoro, President Barack Obama's mother
Internationally famous classical cellist Yo-Yo Ma has been quoted as saying, "[As a young man,] I knew nothing about the world.  I knew I needed to learn stuff, and I needed time. So I thought, 'Wow--a university, what a great thing to do, what a great opportunity.' So I came here [Harvard], and I was a music major, but my great passion was anthropology."

For more famous anthropology majors: http://artscience.nku.edu/departments/sapdept/anthropology/careers-in-anthropology/careers-day.html

No comments:

Post a Comment