Monday, January 27, 2014

Famous People Who Majored in Anthropology

Just 15 of the Famous People Who Majored in Anthropology

  • Akbar S. Ahmed, former Ambassador from Pakistan to Great Britain 
  • Prince Charles of England 
  • Michael Crichton, author of Jurassic Park and other best-selling novels 
  • Jane Goodall, primatologist 
  • Kimber Griffin Fender, Director of the Public Library system of Cincinnati, the largest library system in the nation, and NKU alum 
  • Zora Neale Hurston, Harlem Renaissance author 
  • Jomo Kenyatta, first President of Kenya 
  • Eugene Mangalaza, former Prime Minister of Madagascar 
  • Octavio Paz, Noble Prize winning poet 
  • Janine Pease, former President of Little Big Horn Tribal College 
  • Rob Portman, U.S. Senator from Ohio 
  • Douglas J. Preston, best-selling horror novelist 
  • Kathy Reichs, best-selling mystery novelist 
  • Steve Riggio, founder of the Barnes and Noble mega bookstore chain 
  • Ann Dunham Soetoro, President Barack Obama's mother 

Internationally famous classical cellist Yo-Yo Ma has been quoted as saying, "[As a young man,] I knew nothing about the world. I knew I needed to learn stuff, and I needed time. So I thought, 'Wow--a university, what a great thing to do, what a great opportunity.' So I came here [Harvard], and I was a music major, but my great passion was anthropology."

For more famous anthropology majors: http://artscience.nku.edu/departments/sapdept/anthropology/careers-in-anthropology/careers-day.html

No comments:

Post a Comment